Monday, December 5, 2011

Get Read-y for 2012 - My reading list

Since this month is time to Get Read-y for 2012, it's time to set some goals for what I want to accomplish this month, as our lovely host has done. So, here's my (perhaps unrealistic) list of books I'd like to have read before the new year.

  • The Winter Solstice: The Sacred Traditions of Christmas by John Matthews (library book) (already about 1/3 done)
  • The Solstice Evergreen by Sheryl Ann Karas (library book)
  • Pagan Christmas: The Plants, Spirits, and Rituals at the Origins of Yuletide by Christian Rätsch (library book)
  • The Solstice Cup by Rachel Dunstan Muller (library book) 
  • Star Trek and Philosophy: The Wrath of Kant by various authors (I've been reading it off and on for months and don't like things stretching into the next year)
  • The End (A Series of Unfortunate Events #13)
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (new book)
If I somehow manage to finish all these, I will complete the 2012 Yule Spirit Reading Challenge (the first 4 books on the list), have all my library books read and returned (the first 4 books on the list), have finally completed Star Trek and Philosophy, and will be caught up with my recently purchased books (the last book on the list). This will give me a nice clean slate for 2012, so I will be free to read the books I get for Christmas/Yule. :)

The first five are my top priorities, and I'm already part of the way through two of them, so I do have some hope! There's going to be an update on Get Read-y for 2012 every Wednesday, so I'll keep you updated on how my goals are going. What do you want to read before the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment