Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Get Read-y for 2012 - First Check-in

It's time for my first Get Read-y for 2012 check-in! A couple of days ago I posted my reading list, and I haven't made a whole lot of progress on it so far. The book I'm reading right now (The Winter Solstice: The Sacred Traditions of Christmas) is huge. However, it is better than most non-fiction, since it's divided into nice little sections with lots of pictures.

Yesterday I picked up the last 2 library books I had on hold, so I now have my pile all ready to go. I flipped through Pagan Christmas: The Plants, Spirits, and Rituals at the Origins of Yuletide, and it looked a lot like the one I'm reading now, so I might end up leaving that one for next Yule. That would make my goal way more achievable!

So, if I leave out that new library book, that leaves 6 books on my list, two of which I'm about halfway through, with 24 days to go in 2011. Totally doable! I hope...

Also, a big accomplishment I had this week was catching up on my reviews! I had fallen a wee bit behind when I read a few short books, and also did a read-a-thon. But I sat down and hammered them out and now I'm all caught up. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment